[Buddha-l] Shantideva passage (VI.41)

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 11:05:51 MDT 2010

Hello all,
I have checked with various editions of the Bodhicaryavatara (aka
Bodhisattvacaryavatara) by Shantideva but cannot check the Skt. or Tibetan bases
of the passages I am interested in. It is Chap. 6, verses 39 and 41. In 39, I
take it that the word being rendered as fool or foolish is baala.
But for verse 41 (in Skt. and in Tibetan), could anyone give an arthakatha or
explication de texte in the Indic style, with a grammatical breakdown of the
words of the verse and a term by term gloss? My appreciation for whoever has
access to either original text.
Mitchell