[Buddha-l] What is direct experience?

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 11:35:32 MST 2010

=

In a message dated 11/30/2010 2:15:15 P.M. SA Western Standard Time,
jkirk at spro.net writes:

Not sure if this might be 'an' example of direct experience, but
it  strikes me that being in an accident is one example of knowing
minus  intellectual overlay or activity/comment.
When I slipped on ice,  fell and broke an arm, I instantly
knew/felt/experienced that I fell and  was hurt, but I wasn't
"thinking about" it until immediately after it  happened.
Joanna

Hello there,

I hope it's not too  feeble to ask - what is direct experience,
knowing something without the  intellect? I think I am used to
altered states of consciousness like seeing  things that aren't
there or delusional conviction but I don't know that I  can find
room for much more
===

I think we can also have direct experience of thoughts and  emotions.

jack