[Buddha-l] Personality disorders and anatta

Dante Rosati danterosati at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 13:26:41 MST 2010

i dont think its an east-west thing. its a question of focusing on yourself snd your horrible old condition vs focusing on helping others. in some traditions its called bodhicitta, in others charity or doing unto others. the basis of medically based therapies seems to be  increasing the focus on ones self, either by endlessly digging into the black hole of the past or completely screwing up your brain chemistry, usually both.