[Buddha-l] mind wandering

M.B. Schiekel mb.schiekel at arcor.de
Tue Nov 16 14:11:45 MST 2010

Am 16.11.2010 20:57, schrieb Jim Peavler:

> About 30 years ago, I trained my mind to focus by doing chores I had
> normally hated to do.
> I still drive this way, but recently have had some problem with
> falling asleep when I am driving on a long tedious section, such as
> the Texas panhandle. So now i have the "wakefulness" issue from a
> slightly different perspective.

Dear Jim,

thank you for sharing your experiences. I can confirm the benefit of
your mindfulness practises from my experiences. The problem of tiredness
with long car rides I've answered by singing Mantras/Kirtans/Wazifas.
And in stress-situations, e.g. hospital-stay, breathing in-out,
smile-release, is a very helpful device for me.

in metta,
bernhard

--
http://www.mb-schiekel.de/