[Buddha-l] Are we unplugged or something?--PS to Andy

James A Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Fri Nov 12 15:38:48 MST 2010

On Tuesday 09 November 2010 07:02:52 JKirkpatrick wrote:
> PS---You're in Hawaii---how about starting a peaceful thread
> about the Buddhist resources in Hawaii???
> I'm sure some of us would appreciate it, considering that winter
> is sidling toward us.
>
> ______________

Well, I am not much of a practictioner.  Lots of Jodo here that migrated with
the Japanese who came to be plantation workers.  One sect has a Buddhist
Study Centre adjacent to University of Hawaii at Manoa.  And some Korean
Buddhism from a much more recent immigration.  And also lots of lost
Californian haoles (foriegners to Hawaii) who aspire to being buddhist, and
even the Diamondhead Sangha that Aitken founded.   But mostly it is the
beaches,  and the turtles, who once in a kalpa surface in the center of a
ring floating far out at sea . . .

--
James Andy Stroble

University of Hawai'i, Leeward Community College