[Buddha-l] On positive Nirvana here and now (LVP)

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri May 21 06:35:56 MDT 2010

In a message dated 5/21/2010 12:53:16 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
joy.vriens at gmail.com writes:

Things had got better but didn't seem that
much different at LVP's  time, who had to struggle against the view that
early Buddhism had a  negative interpretation of Nirvana, AKA the deathless
or the  Unconditioned.
==
The most negative view of nirvana/the unconditioned that I  have heard is
by the contemporary Professor Malcolm Eckel of Boston  University. Our
library has a CD copy of his lectures on Buddhism put  out by The Teaching
Company. I wouldn't think anyone interested in  Buddhism as a practice would
continue on after hearing this. On the other  hand, an academic might think it was
great.

jack