[Buddha-l] On positive Nirvana here and now (LVP)

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at gmail.com
Thu May 20 09:17:36 MDT 2010

Richard wrote:

> [Lewis of Chick Valley] is by far my favorite Buddhologist. I can't see how
> citing him is
> at all relevant to this discussion, but I'm always glad to see him
> cited.
>
> I see him as very relevant since, according to himself (Nirvana,
avant-propos), he had been writing for more than thirty years against a
nihilistic, agnostic definition of Nirvana by buddhologists (I removed the
capital B), whereas he quoted evidence of positive definitions of Nirvana in
early Buddhism and of a nirvana in the world, but not conditioned by the
world.

Joy