[Buddha-l] Nietzsche was a bachelor (was: Batchelor)

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu May 20 08:34:16 MDT 2010

On May 20, 2010, at 2:45, "Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Perhaps while Barnaby finds the time to gather some addtional
> references for
> Richard, the following will suffice to indicate that Richard's
> caricature of
> Nietzsche is in need of revision.

You clearly have no idea what a caricature is. A caricature is a
deliberate portrayal of something so as to make it look grotesque. If
my portrayal of Nietzsche is wrong, so be it. I'm just reporting what
he writes in Genealogy of Morals. My portrayal is neither parody nor
caricature. Your citation from wikipedia is exactly how I understand
Nietzsche. So if my portrayal is wrong, so is Mr Wiki's.

riChard