[Buddha-l] Jinapanjaram

sjziobro at cs.com sjziobro at cs.com
Sun May 16 13:52:52 MDT 2010

 Hey Joanna,

 For some reason I hadn't adverted to your use of the terms "labels."  In fact, Richard didn't use it in a pejorative sense, either.  It is best just to retract that observation on my part.  But we do agree upon the problem, which ultimately results in a refusal to accept the Other as other with a concomitant effort to make that other into our own image and likeness.  The question of whether refusing to use a specific name or label resolves this problem is still open.  That type of solution strikes me as naive inasmuch as it does not require one to address the more fundamental questions concerning identity, responsibility, and a being for the other as a radical expression of wisdom and compassion.

Stan