[Buddha-l] Jinapanjaram

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Sat May 15 08:21:21 MDT 2010

Joy, yes!

"Limit karma to pratitya-samutpada. That's more than enough. "
Amen to that, bro.
			That's the way I've come to think of it.
"There seems to be an indestructible link between money and
prapanca and prapanca and money."
	...aided and abetted by the capitalist ideology of
endless production for endless profit, plus the values of ever
more prapancik bureaucratic efficiency-- a  circular trap system.

If Buddhists organised teaching Buddhism as it was done back in
the Buddha's day, today they'd meet in a park somewhere and offer
free lessons, while not reminding people that giving dana is a
good thing, as retreats always do. Without an institutional
organisation with building(s), no dana plus fees would be
necessary. The Buddha accepted donations of land and buildings
but never did he ask for it, far as I know. In  those times there
was no shortage of labor in the class system of the day, so the
parks and the temples could be maintained cheaply for the donors,
who of course were also rich or monarchs --besides no plumbing or
heating was necessary. Industrial "civilisation" has gone so far
that it's trapped in its own effluents of various sorts including
maximising prapanca and profit, as the mental and physical
environments go down the drain.

Joanna