[Buddha-l] Eudora

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed May 12 12:04:32 MDT 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 10:01 PM, Bruce Burrill wrote:

> I am using Eudora. Does anyone know why and what
> I do about the problem below? Though I suspect
> there is a Richard joke to follow, LC's msgs all look this:

Sorry I can't come up with any Eudora jokes, Bruce. I'm even more sorry I can't come up with a solution to your problem. Years ago I used Eudora and occasionally had somewhat similar encoding problems with some messages. I always just assumed the people I corresponded with were incoherent idiots, but eventually it became clear that Eudora should probably have been named Dysdora. Solutions never became manifest to me. In the end, it dorve me to suicide. I should have thought the bugs would have been worked out of Eudora by now; it was more than ten years ago that I used it, well before my untimely demise.

How does the following come out on your end? Do you get diacritical marks or gibberish?

yaḥ pratītyasamutpādaṃ prapañcopaśamaṃ śivaṃ
deśayām āsa sambuddhas taṃ vande vadatāṃ varam.

Richard