[Buddha-l] Batchelor

Wong Weng Fai wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Tue Mar 16 07:49:14 MDT 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Jackhat1 at aol.com wrote:

> I read your quote below to mean the opposite. I think it means iIf there
> is life after death, we should lead a good life, If there is not life after
> death, we should lead a good life. So, who cares.

"Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for
something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you
even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be
for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary
constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an
existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as
artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent
something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson.
You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting.
Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?" - Agent Smith

W.F. Wong