[Buddha-l] Brahma & Abraham

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:26:52 MST 2010

Hi Dee,

This list started as a purely academic list if I am not mistaken. At one
point the more general discussion list Buddhist-l was integrated into
Buddha-L and as a result we had some very lively discussions here. It was
presented as a new list that could benefit both academics and "practising"
Buddhists, the one not excluding the other obviously. There were times the
exchanges were very playful, mainly due to Richard Hayes, who from time to
time had to slam his fist on the table to call himself and others to order.
In recent years the list has perhaps grown more serious again. I always
assumed that the academics that post to this list do so to let off steam
after publishing another article, monograph etc. I have always esteemed
myself lucky to have this opportunity and try to show my gratitude in
serving as an enthusiastic sparring partner doing my utmost best to punch
them where I can in order to keep them as sharp as possible. Sometimes they
get a bit tired which is understandable or they have another article to
write or copies to correct.

Joy