[Buddha-l] Something nice for a change...

Franz Metcalf franz at mind2mind.net
Thu Mar 4 14:46:16 MST 2010

Gang,

> I feel better  now.  It was just the Youtan Polouo,  once in 3000
> years, being
> a bug.

I'm better now, too. Or perhaps "I'm better not two." Even with bugs.

If Maitreya is going to come and help awaken all sentient beings,
perhaps it's best being a bug. There are a lot of them.

Since the it holds it's legs in the mantra of prayer, and since its
name derives from the Greek mainesthai to "be mad/inspired (by
spirit)"--which might be related to who-knows-what Sanskrit root, and
since (like the Youtan Poluo) it is canniballistic, I shall attempt to
visualize Maitreya as a praying mantis.

With hands (piously, cannibalistically) together,

Franz