[Buddha-l] Non-arising

David Andrews david.andrews at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 3 21:37:46 MST 2010

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your references. I'm trying to chase them down now. I'll
probably go back into hiding myself until I've had a chance to go
through some of them.

I understand and generally agree with what you say, below. Because my
understanding of logic is primarily motivated by applications to
mathematics and computing, I am unlikely to be mislead by use of terms
in western philosophy. What little I know about Indian, Buddhist logic
is derived from reading much of Stcherbatsky many years ago along with
some modern works on Nagarjuna. I have the impression that the point was
not so much to debate or deduction as it was to break down conceptual
prejudices as part of a program of Buddhist meditative training.

You're right. Richard H. actually agreed with you in his last post and
that was over a month ago.;-)

David.