[Buddha-l] Being unable to imagine dying and living

lemmett at talk21.com lemmett at talk21.com
Sat Jun 26 12:37:51 MDT 2010

It does seem that Derrida in Aporias says that my own death cannot be conceived of, and that this is important; he even thinks this is a "scandal" in philosophy. Can I die http://www.unm.edu/~ithomson/Thomson.pdf is an article reviewing that book and it's clear that it's not just Zygmunt Bauman who thinks that death is inconceivable.
But I can't find anything that talks about Aporias and Buddhism, though there is a little on deconstructionism and Buddhism. I think that without literal rebirth, Buddhism could be seen as another way to face death, an alternative to relating to it existentially. I won't labour this.