[Buddha-l] Ethical Dilemmas

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 13 15:24:08 MDT 2010

Dan,
Op 13-06-10 17:55, Dan Lusthaus schreef:

> He doesn't demonize himself. He offers bad solutions to problems you still
> deny exist. That's why people are voting for him and not for you. You leave
> them no choice.

One: I don't deny the problems, I just put them in perspective (there's
also pollution and crime). Two: the reasons people voted W are not quite
so simple as your analyses suggests.
> Richard has fooled you into thinking I am either right-wing,
> Republican, both or worse, by his constant snipes.

Even if this were the case, I'm not interested in judging people. I try
just to think about what makes people act and think the way they do. I
respect your folks, but that doesn't mean I agree with you. You are
desperate to deny any mistake at one side and give no credit whatsoever
to the other, like you're dealing with robots.
> Everyone who wants to blame Israel seems to have forgotten that the solution
> everyone pretends Israel would never agree to was already offered by them at
> Camp David, and it was not a fluke that the other side turned it down.

Sure Arafat screwed up, but that's no excuse for Netanyahu.

erik