[Buddha-l] Ethical Dilemmas

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 13 14:54:06 MDT 2010

Erik,

Do you know what Al Quds day is? It is a national holiday. You have national
holidays in Holland.

This one is little different.

This is genocide dressed up as a religious holiday:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quds_Day

This is how it's soft-pedaled to the left-leaning well-intentioned
http://alqudsday.org/

and this
http://www.ezsoftech.com/ramadan/ramadan21.asp

This is how it takes righteous form. Don't skip the comments (or overlook
the url's location):
http://www.aimislam.com/activities/events/1336-al-quds-day-2009.html

That the political nature of Quds Day is not lost on the Iranians
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/09/200991875246806121.html

And this (again, don't miss the comments)
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=106510&sectionid=351020101

and this

Is there a way to call it what it is without sounding like an extremist?
http://www.investigativeproject.org/1428/al-quds-day-celebrating-hate-and-supporting-terror

That's the irony -- the bloodthirsty masquerade as the righteous, and those
who recognize them for what they are eschewed as illiberal.

Yes, Erik, let's demonize those who point out that things like this exist in
our world, and let's pretend that if we spank Wilders hard enough this will
all go away like a bad dream.

Like Holland, Israel has no such holiday. (And for the conflators, while it
is not uncommon for nations to have national holidays commemorating PAST
wars, or memorials for the fallen, how many countries have holidays
celebrating a war that has not happened yet? Certainly no Buddhist holiday I
am familiar with. Oh, I forgot... Kalacakra...)

Dan