[Buddha-l] Ethical Dilemmas

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 11 14:44:30 MDT 2010

Hi Joy,

> We (me and my saktis) are Yes-sayers, we worship life and
> *She*-who-must-be-
> *obeyed*...

The wrong puja - what are you saying "yes" to?

> "Choose not to protect innocent people" ? Who is setting the rules of the
> game,

Being human comes with instructions and obligations. If you choose to ignore
or argue against them, that too is a choice. But bad ethics.

If I were a minority I would be VERY afraid to live in today's Europe
(obviously half a century ago was even worse -- perhaps we are getting a
glimpse into why that is the case). One of my professors, Bibhuti Yadav,
used to say Buddhism has no ethics. Despite all the bluster about "Buddhist
Ethics" these days, the last few days have started to convince me that Yadav
was right. Domage.

Dan