[Buddha-l] Being unable to imagine dying and living

lemmett at talk21.com lemmett at talk21.com
Thu Jun 10 03:02:16 MDT 2010

>>You will definitely cease to exist. I for one am beginning to wish it were sooner rather than later. Honestly, you are simply asking the same set of questions over and over, despite the patient answers you have been offered.
>>>Complete rubbish, can you read? I can.>>>you think you still can outsmart death by a logical trick
(that, under analysis, doesn't really stand up to very rigorous logical scrutiny anyway), but you feel compelled to keep generating these denials of death. That compulsion is atma-drsti. I'll let you in on a secret: The denials don't work in the long run.>>>No Dan, that's not what I'm doing, I have explicitly stated that I do believe that death occurs so in what way am I trying to "outsmart" it? >Presumably you understood what I said and what you mean is that trying to tie in death being inconceivable to atma-drsti is atma-drsti. What about the fact that my corpse is going to rot or thinking about my loved ones, is trying to place that in a Buddhist context atma-drsti?