[Buddha-l] Being unable to imagine dying [confused?]

lemmett at talk21.com lemmett at talk21.com
Sun Jun 6 18:20:26 MDT 2010

Sorry I'm less funny that I am in my own head but I wasn't even talking about Buddhism in the email you seem to be talking about. I have just ordered selfless persons. I have no idea what you're getting at especially as I believe that reading this last book by Ziporyn has made Mahayana much clearer to me.
So you don't like how I think about things but I don't think that's about to change anytime soon - least of all by converting to a religion that I have less belief and interest in. Yes it's all one vehicle but not the philosophy of it. Isn't it my decision what is a meaningful question for me to ask especially if you've just started thinking existentially about this? I sort of see what you mean: you think that I lack ability so should study pali meditation and scripture but I'm at a little bit of a loss as to why you have decided this!
OK I'll shut up now if you insist like that...

Not trying to offer a last word or anything (no really)--
but, Mr. Luke, if you are a 'real' live putujana like the rest of
us,
I'd suggest that your encounter with Buddhism has been
trumped (and screwed) by the Mahayana texts you apparently are
reading.
So you are unable to ask meaningful questions because of it.
Wouldn't be the first time that such texts confused, and later
(hopefully) amused, eh?

How about considering the gradual approach? Do you have patience?
How about starting to learn something about the ideas the Buddha
himself
allegedly taught, before plunging into arcane trumped-up
"philosophical" questions?
Haven't you ever heard of 'putting the cart before the horse'
(old adage
found in some ancient texts)?

Being a one-time philosophy major is guaranteed not to be
helpful,
as your latest confirms. Doesn't even help with generating a few
good belly laughs.

Cheers, JK