[Buddha-l] Belated response re jivanmukti

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jun 2 11:23:27 MDT 2010

On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:04 AM, Fort, Andrew wrote:

>    Perhaps more interesting, and another demonstration of impermanence, is that I tried to share a paragraph from my files of the book, but discovered that since I wrote it (c. 1997) in WordPerfect, I can't access the files any more (or at least not without a lot of effort).

Ah! Another wonderful example of how computers help us save time. And, as an extra bonus, they seem to give us all attention deficiency disorder for free. (I hope I speak only for myself, but anecdotal evidence suggests that others are similarly afflicted by their computers.)

Anyway, thank you for coming out of lurkerhood, Andy. It just goes to show that lurkerity is not a permanent condition and thus is not a svabhāva.

Richard