[Buddha-l] Was the Buddha mentally ill?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Jul 29 10:44:46 MDT 2010

On Jul 29, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> It's antureal.

My proofreaders are on strike. (They're over in Arizona protesting against Arizona's bizarre new law aimed at intimidating Mexicans.) Believe it or not, what I meant to type was "It's natural." (Every month more Mexicans die in the Arizona desert as they cross into the US in search of work than the number of casualties in America's other stupid and pointless wars. People who try to help Mexicans by taking food and water and emergency medical supplies to the desert are arrested and subjected to large fines, even imprisonment. Being a bodhisattva is dangerous work in this country.)

Oh shit. Correcting a type turned into a tirade. Oh well.