[Buddha-l] Was the Buddha mentally ill?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Jul 29 10:00:32 MDT 2010

On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> I also rarely have to put up with people trying to convince me I really do believe that things have inherent natures, and that's why I'm deeply unhappy without knowing it.

I have long argued that Buddhism will not have found a place in American culture until there are Buddhist country and western songs. It's antureal. after all, since so many country ditties are of the genre called hurtin' songs. I think I may have identified a candidate for the country and western Buddhist anthem. It's a song called "Kust call me Cleopatra, 'cause I'm the queen of denial." I'm assuming it will at least get Jamie's vote.

Richard