[Buddha-l] Dharmapala

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Tue Jul 13 22:12:45 MDT 2010

I appreciate all the comments about his book, so far. I've not
yet read it nor even
found it. So thanks for the comments.
JK

 On Behalf Of andy
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:25 PM
la

And I thought I hedged that enough by saying "traditionally
Buddhist nations"!
Moreover, as a Universalist, a Buddhist nation is an oxymoron.
Outside of historical cases from Tibet, Mongolia, China, and
Japan, the focus of the book seems to be Sri Lanka and Thailand.

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 04:04:23 pm JKirkpatrick wrote:
>  But, reality check: which of the nations you have in mind,
that
> presumably foster Buddhism  actually operate as Buddhist
nations?

--
James Andy Stroble, PhD
Lecturer in Philosophy