[Buddha-l] Conditioned Mind?

R B Basham bshmr at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 20:42:14 MDT 2010

Interesting read (appended) may be meaningful to some buddha-lers. It
has me reconsidering whether 'bold-ness' is the reaction or as suggested
is a pre-condition. In any case, one is confronted with the
'dynamic' (conditioned mind??) frequently nowadays.

Richard Basham

*

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100706103404.htm

Anxiety May Be at Root of Religious Extremism, Researchers Find

ScienceDaily (July 6, 2010) — Anxiety and uncertainty can cause us to
become more idealistic and more radical in our religious beliefs,
according to new findings by York University researchers, published in
this month's issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

"Taken together, the results of this research program suggest that bold
but vulnerable people gravitate to idealistic and religious extremes for
relief from anxiety," McGregor says.