[Buddha-l] Eckhart and Buddhism - general question

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 3 08:48:47 MDT 2010

Op 02-07-10 22:42, Kansei 還西 schreef:
> But seriously, I quite agree with you, 還西. There have always been
> people scattered around here and there who have see what sticky messes
> we all get into when we go around putting labels on things. It is the
> fate of such people that everyone puts labels on them.
> don't be too serious about it, I guess they can manage it. Joke aside,
> agreed, labels can create a lot of mess as we can see everyday.
One misunderstanding is about nothingness or emptiness. Since Eckehart
was a stoic neoplatonist his no being or nothingness is another word for
everything, it is the absence of differences, the fullness of being, it
is nirguṇa brahman and not Śūnyatā. It is easy to make him appear like a
Buddhist, but I´m not sure that this would have pleased him.

erik