[Buddha-l] Eckhart and Buddhism - general question

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jul 2 13:38:32 MDT 2010

On Jul 2, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Kansei 還西 wrote:

> There are many more quotes from Meister Eckehart I like very much, but I am not in a position to
> judge whether they are "Buddhist" or not or if any other label can be put on them. I believe Meister
> Eckehart had no mind for this.

No mind? That's very Buddhist.

But seriously, I quite agree with you, 還西. There have always been people scattered around here and there who have see what sticky messes we all get into when we go around putting labels on things. It is the fate of such people that everyone puts labels on them.

Richard