[Buddha-l] The Proper Scope of Buddhology

Barnaby Thieme bathieme at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 13:18:07 MDT 2010

I have to agree that's a bizarre claim. No anthropology? No field work
of any kind? No archaeology? No study of art? No study of oral
traditions? No historiography? What about neurotheology and cognitive
assessments of Buddhist meditators? None of this is legitimate for
scholars of Buddhism to consider?

Barnaby~

More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One
path
leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly. -- Woody Allen