[Buddha-l] Enlightenment for Sale! (was: Review of a review)

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jul 2 08:45:33 MDT 2010

On Jul 2, 2010, at 6:48, "Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Indian business practices -- the corruption, extortion, etc. -- are
> legendary, so I didn't think further explanation was necessary.

So the point, Erik, is that since there is corruption in India, there is no corruption in America. If one can find anything worthy of criticism anywhere else in the world, then it is illegitimate to criticize the United States. I'm surprised you did not know this, Erik. It shows you have not studied Lusthaus's commentary on Dignāga. His interpretation of Buddhist logic explains it all.

Richard