[Buddha-l] Enlightenment for Sale! (was: Review of a review)

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jul 2 08:36:47 MDT 2010

On Jul 2, 2010, at 5:39, Erik Hoogcarspel <jehms at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Op 02-07-10 11:40, Dan Lusthaus schreef:
>>  Let's hear it for Ahmadinejad!
>>

> Dan
> could you treat us with a more detailed description of the model you
> have in mind? Is it doing a Kowtow and subsequently asking for a
> baksheesh? I rather read it from you because Ahmadinejad doesn´t explain
> things very well.

I have been trying to imagine something less relevant to this discussion than the reference to Ahmadinejad. It appears that any critique of misused power and empire makes Dr Lusthaus equate the critic with Ahmadinejad. What else can one expect from a fishmonger who specializes in peddling red herrings?

Richard