[Buddha-l] Religious violence, Buddhist violence

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 21 01:58:01 MST 2010

Op 20-1-2010 22:36, Dan Lusthaus schreef:
>> That's the trouble with democracy and the internet, the mob decides. The
>> man's name was Nietzsche, not Nietzschi or Nietzschie and he was proud
>> of it because it is of  Polish origin.
>>
>> erik
>>
> Actually, Erik, that's freedom. Spell it any way you like, as long as you
> can get others to do the same. That, by the way, is a
> Nietzschian/Nietzschean dictum: "When one person says it, you have a theory;
> when two say it, you have the beginnings of Truth."
>
> Dan

I think Nietzsche would strongly disagree. He never said anthing even
remotely similar. Standing on his own feet he would rather say: 'If one
person has a claim, it may be true, when two persons have the same, you
have two Philisters with slave moral'. If misspelling his name would be
a sign of creativity he would applaud, but we both know that in this
case the misspelling is just a token of ignorance and indifference.

erik

erik