[Buddha-l] Religious violence, Buddhist violence

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jan 20 14:22:13 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 15:59 -0500, Dan Lusthaus wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> >
> > No one has ever used the form "Nietzschian," so it fails the test of
> > usage.
>
> Since you insist -- why don't you check the facts before pronouncing
> judgement.

I can't believe what a literalist you are, Dan. I should have thought it
would be obvious that my statement had to be read in context. Clearly
what I was saying is that no one who currently occupies the office in
room 525 of the Humanities building on the campus of the University of
New Mexico has ever used the form "Nietzschian." I was speaking strictly
about only my own usage. Others, of course, spell the word in whatever
way they like. You should know by now that I do not make pronouncements
on the conduct or the spelling of others.

The word, by the way, is "judgment" (unless you are in Canada or Great
Britain).