[Buddha-l] Religious violence, Buddhist violence

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jan 20 14:14:06 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 13:12 -0700, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> That is no one my assumptions.

The neural pathways between my brain and my fingers has been breaking
down with age. I am amazed these days at what I type. I am even more
amazed that when I proofread my messages before sending them out, I tend
to see what I meant to write rather than what is actually on the screen.
One of the (dubious) benefits of getting older is that the subtle
processes that have been going on throughout life (such as seeing what I
want to see and disregarding the rest) become much more glaring. Some of
my flaws become so patent that even I can see them, which annoys the
hell out of me. I much prefer being blind to my own shortcomings,
because seeing my own distracts me so much from the important business
of seeing everyone else's.

Richard