[Buddha-l] A disorderly Buddhist community

Weng-Fai Wong wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Sun Jan 17 20:14:51 MST 2010

"Order" is so British and archaic. And it seems to imply this need to
somehow fit into the orthodoxy. If I not wrong, the chief Theravadan monk in
the U.K. still goes by the title "Chief Primate of the Buddhist Clergy" (or
something like that). Is there a "Primate" position in the "Triratna
Buddhist Order"?

I say go with something more modern sounding.

W.F. Wong