[Buddha-l] Vajrayana on buddha in the Buddha (Mitchell Ginsberg)

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 16 23:58:50 MST 2010

>> the late William Safire.
>
> When was he ever late?

Safire would have been the perfect person to ask when and how "late" came to
be applied to deceased persons.

As for whether the original quote uses "negativity" or "negativism," one can
find both "attested" on web resources.

For "negativity" see
http://tinyurl.com/yk34lk9

For "negativism" see
http://tinyurl.com/yhwk9m9

Anyone have the actual tape of Agnew's speech?

Agnew, with a law background, did make his own contribution to the cultural
discourse when he brought a legal locution into common parlance. He was the
first holder of high office in the US to be forced to resign due to legal
prosecutions (a prelude to the Watergate scandal and Nixon's own exit from
office, and how Gerry Ford, to fill Agnew's void, got into the White House
without being elected either President or Vice-President, another first).
While normally one responds to charges with either "guitly" or "not guilty",
Agnew pleaded "nolo contendre" (which is Sanskrit for "Sure I did it, but
you can't make me say so in public", often mistranslated as "no contest").
Ever since, people from all walks of life have been using nolo contendre for
everything from traffic tickets to class D felonies. See
http://tinyurl.com/yj29b3y

Dan