[Buddha-l] Stupid old man...

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Jan 14 07:59:15 MST 2010

On Jan 14, 2010, at 2:05 AM, Weng-Fai Wong wrote:

> Sorry... stuff like this makes me break my metta-karuna-equanimity...
>
> http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

You have to learn to read between the lines. It's called hermeneutics. Robertson was LITERALLY saying that the Haitians made a pact with the devil to help them become liberated from the French during the time of Napoleon III, and that the devil is now seeking repayment. But don't forget that Robertson is a prophet and that prophets speak metaphorically. What Robertson is REALLY saying is that the United States has made a pact with the devil to help them destroy terrorists and abortionists, and that the devil will demand payment by causing global warming. Robertson's message is all in code. It is an appeal to stand behind Al Gore and to urge the US government to begin taking climate change seriously.

I'm a little surprised that you didn't see that, Weng-Fai.

Richard