[Buddha-l] Vajrayana on buddha in the Buddha (Mitchell Ginsberg)

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 13:31:49 MST 2010

Hello all,
Thank you for your replies. Actually, there are few issues being raised here. The core of my friend's questions were not about miracles, but about how to understand the fact that those who are supposedly awakened (esp. in Tibetan Buddhist tradition, I know he is thinking of) and have a vision most humans don't, do not give this information out for the well being of the many (esp. considering the bodhisattva vows that are core to those practices). And this particular person has actually practiced quite intensely for years, having spent years in India in Tibetan Buddhist communities.
He does believe that there are many levels of process (psychological, personal, interpersonal, etc.) that we are usually not aware of. He has seen his teachers with great subtle understanding and awareness that inspires him deeply, and also has him wonder about issues that he asked me about recently, and some of which I've passed on here, at his request.
Thanks for your attentive replies.
Mitchell  ==========
Homepage (updated 27 December 09): http://jinavamsa.com
See also http://jinavamsa.com/mentalhealth.html