[Buddha-l] Non-arising

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Thu Feb 18 18:08:57 MST 2010

Am 18.02.2010 17:28, schrieb alx437 at charter.net:

> ... The Sanskrit for this particular Buddhist phrase is, I
believe,
> anupattika-dharma-ksanti, ...

But then the question arises for me:
in this world of changing and suffering the qualities of patience
and forbearance can be a great help - but when I experience the
peace of nirvana, then I don't need patience and forbearance for
bearing this peace.

Or is the meaning of anupattika-dharma-kshanti:
with the experience of nirvana there will arise this patience
with the world of coming and going, which can be a stable base
for living a bodhisattva life.

in metta,
bernhard

If  I may, again......Bernhard's interpretation makes more
sense--
"Or is the meaning of anupattika-dharma-kshanti:
with the experience of nirvana there will arise this patience
with the world of coming and going, which can be a stable base
for living a bodhisattva life."

Joanna K.