[Buddha-l] Make the subscription list visible to subscribers?

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Wed Feb 3 22:50:23 MST 2010

On Feb 3, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Jim Peavler wrote:
> I had to end my game of chess with an online friend (a quantum chemist at Oxford who was a LOT better than I was at chess). I miss the good old days. But not the lopsided chess game so much.

I forgot to meNtion just how bad it was. My Oxford friend and I got one move each per day. I always logged onto the system during my lunch break. My new 18 year old officemate, a PhD in stochastics from Northwestern University, and chess master since he was 10, studied my worthy opponents's most recent move, we masticated our lunches for about half an hour and Dave would tell me my next move. My game quite suddenly improved and my worthy opponent remarked upon the quality of my play. Even as the cavalry suddenly arrives to save the stupid farmers encroaching on Sioux land, AOL arrived and completely drowned out any further attempts to play chess. I believe I may have been threatening his queen at the time, but I forget the details.

Jimalakirti
Jimalakirti at swcp.com
http://www.vivanewmexico.com/blog

"When the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain;
When [they] are not agreed, no opinion can be regarded  as certain by a non-expert;
when they all hold that no sufficient grounds for a positive opinion to exist, the ordinary man would do will to suspend his judgement."Bertrand Russell.