[Buddha-l] Capitalisation of Buddhist Terms

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Dec 9 12:00:23 MST 2010

erik schreef:

> Perhaps we should consider to free enlightened people of all
> capitalisation, since they have renounced all capital: economic,
> cultural and social, as well as self-concern.

erik, u hebt mijn zorgen gearticuleerd. it wasn't until i stumbled upon this thread by chance that i realized that there is a certain economy in my prejudices. it turns out there is a common element in the three things i am most opposed to: capitalism, capital punishment and capitalization.

richard
new university of mexico