[Buddha-l] MMK 25.09 (was: as Swami goes...)

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Apr 28 08:50:46 MDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 09:05 -0400, Richard Nance wrote:
> Re:

> "The state of coming and going which is dependent or conditioned:
> That, neither dependent nor conditioned, is taught to be nirvāṇa."

That is very close to how I interpret the Sanskrit. The only further
thing I would point out is that the compound ending in -bhāva is one
formed with the pratyaya cvi. So I would render the compound something
like "the process of making something come and go". Substitute that for
Richard's "state of coming and going" and you have my translation.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy