[Buddha-l] Patheos' New Buddhist Portal

Gary Gach gary.gach at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 13:51:30 MDT 2010

Bruce Burrill's question is a good one.  Yes, 1) Belief.net is part of a
polyglomerate; Patheos is a small private company. 2) Bellief.net doesn't
have as large a library, nor "lenses, nor linkage into a "public square"
(multifaith). 3_ Patheos is providing the "Learn More About Buddhism"
feature for Belief.net.
(http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Buddhism/index.aspx) and
is using some Beliefnet blogs for our portal until we have more bloggers
unique to us (not necessarily exclusives 'tho).  4) Belief.net has public
discussions, which Patheos wants to build up to; meanwhile discussion
centers around the blogs and articles.  5) Patheos has been looking into
videos of services of different faiths, but that's off on the horizon. 6) To
my sense of it, Patheos seems to draw more upon the academic community
(correct?).  7) For more information, please explore the two sites (*res
ispa loquitor; ehipassiko)*: we'd like to hear your response.
The the Buddhist portal's prototype went online last night:
tp://www.patheos.com/Religion-Portals/Buddhist.html<http://www.patheos.com/Religion-Portals/Buddhist.html>

(I don't know what connexion Bruce had with Beliefnet, before Fox No matter.
 The more pragmatic question is: "might Bruce wish to have a connexion with
Patheos?"  And anyone else ... )

ps
names currently being considered for the title of the Buddhist blog area:

   - Awakenings
   - DharmaRain
   - Some of the Dharma
   - Free Nirvana