[Buddha-l] As Swami goes, so goes the nation? (Dan Lusthaus and Richard P. Hayes)

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 22 18:29:35 MDT 2010

We can thank Richard for going down the checklist and acknowledging the
hits.

As for the discrepancies, if you had a similar impression of Richard's
avowed positions on those issues that he now denies as caricatures or
outright falsehoods, or are unsure, that's what Buddha-l archives are for.
You can make up your own mind whether he has or hasn't claimed at some
time -- often on numerous occasions -- the positions I attributed to him
simply by checking the record.

So for some of those issues -- e.g., whether or not Dignaga is a Yogacara,
admittedly not a burning issue for most people -- let's accept his current
iterations as his current stance.

Those still fearful of our public clashes should take heart in the great
amount of agreement he expressed between our views, especially concerning
Buddhism, which is why we are here.

Dan