[Buddha-l] Josaphat & Buddha

Chris Fynn cfynn at gmx.net
Mon Nov 30 03:38:21 MST 2009

There was more than one St. Josaphat - the Ukrainian martyr (Josaphat of
Polotsk 1595-1623) and the Indian one in the story of Barlaam and Josaphat

I don't know about conclusive evidence but the Catholic Encyclopedia
seems to have accepted the link between the latter and the Buddha
<http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encyclopedia_%281913%29/Barlaam_and_Josaphat>

- Chris