[Buddha-l] curious

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 23 13:29:30 MST 2009

JKirkpatrick schreef:

> Seems I recently heard on radio that there was a huge auction of
> M Jackson materia memorabilis (did I get that one right? probably
> not) somewhere in or near China and things were going for
> outrageous bids?
>
> JK
>
> _
No, it was in the States but some items, like the gloves in which MJ did
his moon walk, were bought by Chinese bidders for huge sums. I guess
that is the difference between MJ and Mao, the maomerabilia were for the
people, like petrol fuelled cigarette lighters, pocket knives, dairies
etc. MJ doesn't do people, he does fans.
The Buddha does buddhists. A Dutch Buddhist organisation has recently
declared everyone who has a Buddha statue in his house to be a Buddhist.
We're expecting them to start handing out free Buddha statues if ever
they need  a higher number of followers.

--

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950