[Buddha-l] Buddhism and process-relational philosophy

rjones at cm.ksc.co.th rjones at cm.ksc.co.th
Wed Nov 11 22:22:37 MST 2009

I have recently started reading in the area of process-relational philosophy
(constructive post-modernism) and process theology.  Though still very much at
the beginner level, I would like to expand my reading to include some literature
explicitly linking Buddhist studies and process-relational philosophy.  I would
appreciate suggestions of articles and books which members of this list might
recommend.

I have ordered Toward a Contemporary Understanding of Pure Land Buddhism,
Dennis Hirota, ed (SUNY 2000) which offers at least some process theology
perspective and includes an essay by Dr. John Cobb (and is about Pure Land
Buddhism which interests me greatly in its own right).  I'd also appreciate any
comments about this book from those who have read it.

Thank you.

Randall Jones
rjones at cm.ksc.co.th