[Buddha-l] Meanwhile Down Under

Jampa Tsedroen JampaTsedroen at gmx.de
Sat Nov 7 14:03:51 MST 2009

L.S. Cousins wrote:
> But this is the first suggestion I have heard that Thai law has changed.
> It seems rather improbable. I would be very interested to hear if anyone
> on the list has any evidence on this.

I just read this paragraphy in the TheravadaBlog:

Moreover, what the Thai Sangha Laws actually say seems to be shrouded in
myth. It is often stated that such laws prohibit bhikkhuni ordination,
but the information I possess is that no such law actually exists. Nor
does one agree to uphold Thai law by accepting the Chao Khun status, and
no such thing is written on the Chao Khun certificate.

The full texts can be found in English here:

http://www.theravadablog.de/

http://www.theravadablog.de/2009/11/07/bhikkhuni-ordination-at-bodhinyana-monastery-a-response-to-ajahn-chandako-and-others/

Jampa Tsedroen