[Buddha-l] Chinese ttf fonts

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Tue May 26 22:13:10 MDT 2009

Mitchell,

Try
http://140.111.1.40/yitia/fra/fra01305.htm
right frame.

Dan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mitchell Ginsberg" <jinavamsa at yahoo.com>
To: <buddha-l at mailman.swcp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Buddha-l] Chinese ttf fonts

Hello all,
I see that the form I tried to represent for the Chinese word xin1 (heart,
mind)
did not appear at all the way I typed it out. All sorts of question marks
were
inserted in. I had written:
have been trying to find a ttf file that works on a Mac (OS 10.5.7)
that has the old small-seal forms of Chinese characters. I am
especially searching for one in which the character for xin1 is
basically a S to the right, backed by a mirror-image of the S to the
left (a smooth 2), with the two parts joined in the middle, by a form
like a curved V, having a tail that curls off to the right.
The form I tried to represent is this (let me try to define where the Xs sit
by putting
in periods as place keepers (ah shunyata in email!!!!!) ; so the character I
am looking
for is what the Xs here sketch, in other words. (I type in periods to make
that appear
as a background.)

......xxxxx........xxxxx.....
.............x........x............

.............x........x............
.............x........x............
......xxxxx........xxxxx.....
......x......................x.....
......x.....x........x......x.....

......x.....x........x......x.....
......xxxxx........xxxxx.....
...............x....x..............
...............x....x..............
..................x.................

<worth a second try, anyway>
All help or references about the existence and location of a ttf file with
this character greatly appreciated!
Mitchell G.
Visiting Scholar, Department of Psychiatry, UCSD, La Jolla CA
Homepage (updated 12 May 09): http://www.jinavamsa.com
See also http://www.jinavamsa.com/mentalhealth.html