[Buddha-l] Jim Peavler's Experience

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sat May 23 09:44:11 MDT 2009

Thanks for the positive response to my experience. I don't think I
would, personally, call it the "stink of awakening and zen". I have
friends for whom it has all been a positive experience as far as I can
tell. Hell I would even call my experience positive so long as I
wasn't longing to be a monk. I turned out to be quite unmonkish.

On the other hand, some of my friends, once vibrant and amusing seem
to have been put in shock by their ordinations and now seem "stunned
as stoats" in the words of the immortal John Cleese.